Fast, non-destructive macros that apply natural logarithmic tone mapping to your HDR images using procedural functions.
Why use these over Affinity Photo's built-in tone mapping (using the Tone Mapping Persona)?
- Completely non-destructive, applied as a group that you can simply show or hide. Easily change the base exposure or add more adjustments to control the tone mapping effect.
- Instant application: no delay required before the tone mapping can be applied. Run the macro and see your tone mapped result straight away.
- Natural result: compared to the Tone Mapping Persona, these macros will present a result that is more natural and closer to how the human eye would have perceived the scene.
- Seamless 360 tone mapping: these macros are a great solution for 360 imagery! Tone mapping via the Tone Mapping Persona will leave you with a visible seam because the process is not seam-aware. These macros however will let you tone map 360 imagery with no seam when the image is projected.
- Complete overhaul of macros: presets have been removed (they were fairly useless), tone curves are now applied using polynomial functions to make them more reliable and usable across a range of imagery. There are now twenty different tone mapping methods for the user to choose from.
See the included PDF for installation instructions and a detailed explanation of how to use the Tone Mapping macros.
HDR Tone Mapping Macros and PDF Readme